Thursday 12 April 2012

A mini haul (thank you Boots 3 for 2!)

(I'm pleased to say that although I bought a few things this week, I've managed to avoid nail polish purchases! I'm quite proud of myself!)

As I'm sure you know by now, Boots has another 3 for 2 offer on a tonne of products at the moment (most of it's beauty, make up and bath and shower products are included) and as I needed a new mascara I figured I may as well take advantage of the promotion, and pick up another 2 Revlon Lip Butters too (it was really only a matter of time...)




As much as I love my current mascara- 17 Va Va Voom, I don't feel like I've tried enough different mascaras to know I want to repurchase one, so I picked out another 17 one- this time Peep Show mascara in Brown/Black (£6.99) I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this mascara, but the general consensus I read was that it's volumising and overall a fairly good mascara. I'm rather intrigued by the wand- it has a sort of hourglass shape with medium length bristles; I'm quite excited to try it out! As a bonus, the packaging is so cute!





I knew once I got (and fell in love with) my Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake that I'd most likely end up buying some more, and I did! I think I actually picked out the two shades either side of Strawberry Shortcake  in the range (again, am I boring and unwilling to try new shades? Or simply sticking to what I know suits me?...) which are Cupcake and Sweet Tart. They are both in the pink range; Cupcake is a light baby pink shade, and Sweet Tart is a deeper and brighter pink- they're both very pretty and I'll get some proper swatches on here soon :)


Sweet Tart and Cupcake


I don't think I'll be getting any more Lip Butters, I really do love them (the formula and pigmentation is awesome) but they are on the pricey side for me (at £7.99), and I don't think there are any other shades I like enough to purchase, even with the 3 for 2 offer :)


What have you been buying recently? Are you proud of me for avoiding nail polish purchases? :p



                                                                                                            xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't the tube adorable, I hope it works well too :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. LOL, when I read that you hadn't bought nail polish in a week, I had to pat myself on the back, because I was just saying to my friend that today has been one week since I've bought a nail polish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Go us! Lets hope I keep it up (for the sake of my balance!) :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)