Wednesday 8 February 2012

Some goodies from L'Occitane :)

L'Occitane had a couple of vouchers last month- one in Glamour and another via their Facebook page for a free hand cream and a free lip balm. Not one to forgo a freebie, I popped in last week and received a lovely Fruit Delice Lip Balm and a Dry Skin Hand Cream.

Although there is a L'Occitane store in my city centre (in the Leicester Highcross) I've never really been in before- I've always seen L'Occitane as a brand for older people- which I think to an extent it is (their prices are higher than I can generally afford to pay, and the packaging and marketing is clearly geared towards people who are maybe around their 30s's) but nevertheless I did enjoy having a good browse whilst the very lovely and helpful assistant sorted my freebies. I did feel a little guilty going in and not purchasing anything, but I will be remembering their products, especially for gifts (their bath and body things are all wonderful- definitely a lot of good gift ideas there!)




Not only did I get a free lip balm and hand cream, the assistant actually put both items in a bag, added two mini free samples and topped the bag off with tissue paper spritzed with perfume. The whole thing reminded me a lot of that scene in Love Actually where the shop assistant (Rowan Atkinson) is wrapping the necklace in a 'Christmas box'.




The hand cream I have is 30ml and retails at £7.50. It's is made of 20% Shea butter and is full of other nice ingredients- like glycerin, linseed extract and sweet almond extract. It doesn't have much of a scent, but it strangely reminds me of suncream and baby lotion (not in a bad way though, I like the smell!) It feels a lot like a body butter, but it melts into my hands really really fast leaving them nice and soft. I'm not sure it's as moisturising as I usually like hand creams to be, but it is a lovely cream :)

I have to say I'm not a fan of the packaging- it doesn't seem at all practical to me. The lid is really small (so not too easy to take off and put on) and the metallic/foily tube crinkles up and is quite pointy when less full- I've already stabbed myself with the corner and I wouldn't really want this floating around the bottom of my bag.




The lip balm, however, I am totally in love with :) It has a kind of waxy texture- like the Carmex pots and with the fruity scent (a tutti-fruity and citrussy smell) it reminds me of The Body Shops Christmassy Lip Balms. It is really nicely moisturising, and I can actually see it replacing the Mint Carmex tube as my current favourite :) These contain 9g of product and retails for £8.50. I also have my eye on the tubes of lip balms they have though they are also pricey at £8 (if anyone feels like sending me a valentines gift?)




What are your thoughts on L'Occitane? Are you a fan or (like me) had you written it off as an expensive/ older person shop? I think I may have to rethink though, I love this lip balm! :)



                                                                                            xGretalRabbitx

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything from them before, the packaging sounds adorable though!
    I love the look of the lip balm, just because the container is shaped so differently x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither- I'm glad they seem to be aiming more at younger people, (with facebook etc.) I wish I could afford more of their things! Yeah it's odd isn't it, I thought it might be really hard to use but by fingers fit right into the corner bits ok :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  2. i actually got the voucher for the cream but couldnt get it as I dont stay near their shop :(
    i will order online :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww how annoying! I hope you get hold of it :)
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  3. I love L'Occitane stuff, but it's definitely an indulgence. I've done a couple of blog posts on my addiction to L'Occitane ever since one opened up by my work. I think I now own far more hand creams from L'Occitane than any human being should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be awesome as gifts, but it's a bit out of my price range at the moment :( Hehe that sounds like a dangerous habit :p
      xGretalRabbitx

      Delete
  4. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)