Friday 2 December 2011

Review: BundleMonster 25 Plate Set!

I received this awesome little set as a super-early 'Christmas present' to myself about 2 weeks ago (yay for discovering I had Amazon vouchers!) and as requested by the lovely NailSpark, I've been busy stamping every image onto paper, so that I could show them all to you and use them enough to write a little review :)

I've actually not yet managed to stamp any of my own nails- though my sister has used at least 3 designs, so I know they stamp just as well on the nails as on the paper (if not better, as I think stamps are easier over a base of nail polish).

I really love the variety of designs in this set- most of the plates are full-nail images (which are my personal favourite) and there are also several plates full of nail tip designs, as well as lots of smaller ones dotted around between the larger images. There are several seasonal and themed plates, as well as some great geometric patterns and floral designs. I definitely cannot fault the mixture of patterns and sizes- this set would be a good first set of plates to own.

Now on to the pictures! I have to say that most of the stamping faults are entirely mine, not a problem with the plate (I'll point out any plate issues further down)- I was sometimes not as careful as I should be! I'm also sorry that I had to switch to blue polish- my e.l.f. black is finally finished (it had a good run) so I used an old dark blue- hopefully the images are just as clear.

Plates BM 201- 212 (click for larger pictures)





The top image on plate 203 and the keyboard on 207 are the only two images of these 12 plates I had trouble stamping- the thin lines don't seem to transfer too well, but I have seen several people use them in NOTD posts, so I know it's possible!

I really love the full-nail patterns on plates 201, 204 and 210- they're first on my 'to use' list :) I also can't wait to do a Christmas mani to use the present and tree on 205!


Plates BM 213-224





The only image I had trouble with in this set is the one on the right of the 221- again I've seen this image in many NOTD post, so it can be done. This plate as a bit of a mess because its when the black polish finally ran out and I had to find another colour to use!

I got SO excited by the feathers on 214 and the flowers on 224. My sister is in love with the adorable gingerbread man on 222 :)


And Plate BM225




The large flowery image on the right is awesome, and the little bauble is another great Christmas one :)


I have nothing bad to say about this set, the selection is great, they all stamp well and they are reasonably priced. If you have longer nails the full-sized plates may be too small, but on the whole- they are great :) I cannot recommend them enough!

These plates are available from amazon (UK) for £16.99, or bundlemonster.com (US) for $21.99- an absolutely bargain for 25 plates!

Do have any bundlemonster plates? (why the heck not?) What do you think of them?



                                                                                                  xGretalRabbitx



p.s. My sister and I got our dad to cave- the Christmas tree is going up tomorrow!!!! :)

10 comments:

  1. I got this set from Amazon a while back, and I really like them,a good selection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I'm totally kicking myself that I didn't get them sooner! :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very cool!! Thanks for making prints on the paper so we can see how they look! Great deal too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it was useful for you :) - thank nailspark for the idea!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy, you completed the project! <3 These look sooo great, I definitely want to go out and buy these plates for myself now. At this rate, my nail polish collection is doing to need a cabinet of its own D: These are a great mix of stamps though, can't wait to see what you do with them on your nails! I looove the full nail designs, and my nails are small enough that they'll still work :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did! I took me a while but I rather enjoyed the opportunity to test every image :) Definitely do, they're awesome! Me too, I think I'll be using them on monday for the winter 52 week challenge theme- keep a look out. Yep, the one advantage of having stubby nails :) I'm glad you found the pictures helpful :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  7. muahaha just wait till you see my entry for this week :D Let's just say there are snowmen and OPI DS polishes involved. Can't wait to see yours too <3 PS feel free to call me Pryanka or Pry (pronounce it pree though)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited! Your nail art is always so pretty :) I'm really loving all the winter themed manis at the moment! Hehe will do :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a helpful review! i been looking on ebay for inexpensive plates but these look much nicer and are a safe bet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really glad you found it useful :) Yes I definitely reccomend getting these ones- they're awesome! And thanks for following :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)