Saturday 19 November 2011

Nail of the Day: Revlon Facets of Fuchsia :)

Well it's about time I've used this polish- it's been calling to me since I bought it just over a week ago (haul post here) and I've been so desperate to try it! I have to say, it was definitely worth the wait- it's so pretty :)

As with most beautiful polishes, I found it really hard to photograph, I tried and completely failed last night, so I re-tried today but apparently the sun forgot to come out at all and lighting has been somewhat terrible... sorry! I know the pictures aren't great, but they do show a fairly accurate representation of the nail polish colours, and every other blogger in the world has probably also got swatches so I don't think it's a huge problem!







This polish took three coats to become fully opaque, and to give a nice even(ish) coverage of glitter. You could probably get a decent coverage with a black/dark base coat, but I think that would defeat the object of having all that lovely glitter! It is a little tricky to work with- as you can probably tell there are a few spots where the large chunks of glitter got placed too close to the edge of my nail, which set and wouldn't budge- it's sometimes quite hard to manoeuvre the glitter chunks into place without making the black base look uneven. The finished look more than makes up for the hard work though, I love it!

Naturally (after seeing so many other posts on this polish) I simply HAD to try it mattifed, so I gave my left hand a once-over with my No7 Matte Topcoat. As expected the results are stunning, it gives the polish a whole new dimension (I'm not even sure how to describe it, it's just awesome) and I really like matte black, it looks like a blackboard. The only problem is that I still can't decide which I like best, so my left hand has matte nails, and my right hand still has shiny nails...







If you like glittery polishes I think you really need this! The multi-sized glitter is beautiful :)


Do you have Facets of Fuchsia?


                                                                                                     xGretalRabbitx

4 comments:

  1. It really is a beautiful polish, but always sold out! Grr!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'd decided I wanted to buy it at least a month ago, but I only found it last week! Keep trying, if not you can order online :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour, I've been wanting to try it matte since getting it the other month.

    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely try it matte, it's beautiful! :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)