Friday 11 November 2011

Nail of the Day: Breakfast at Tiffany's?

This was supposed to be posted yesterday- but something was wrong with my Internet connection and I could NOT get anything to work (after about 5 hours -I wish I were exaggerating- I gave up and watched Bridget Jones....) so am sorry it's so late, especially as it's a manicure that I am SO excited about:


As I mentioned in my most recent currently loving post I am utterly besotted with two nail polishes; China Glaze For Audrey, and Barry M instant nail effects Silver Foil. The two polishes together are absolutely perfect (now I realise why Tiffany chose this beautiful shade for their branding) and I couldn't wait any longer to paint my nails with them both.




I had a feeling Barry M's Foil would stamp very well- and I was right! Because it's so pigmented it stamps perfectly, and unlike a lot of polishes it doesn't really lose it's shiny/metallic finish once it's stamped. I went with a silver accent nail so that I could stamp For Audrey too. This stamps pretty well (it would look awesome over white) but the silver is just a little too dark for it to show up as well as it could.

I really love this manicure but it was a pain in the behind to photograph- due to the lovely foil effect- I tried my best though! (even with diminishing daylight and a dying camera battery!)









I think my thumb nail came out the best- mostly because I got the placement right! But I really love the design, and the colour combination :)


Plate m17- I used the top image to stamp :)
  

What's your favourite nail polish combination?


                                                                                            xGretalRabbitx


p.s. Once again, thank you all for the positive feedback about my new blog design- I'm so glad you all like it :) I think Nibbles may have an over-inflated ego now though :p

4 comments:

  1. oh wow, this nail looks is so elegant! For Audrey and the silver go really great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I know, they're a match made in heaven!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jezika :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)