Wednesday 12 October 2011

Super-Exciting Christmas Gift Guides (plus a very little haul)

There are still a whole 74 days left until Christmas, but already shops are stocking their Christmas gifts, selling tinsel and decorating their aisles. Part of me thinks it's a little ridiculous... but the other part of me is too excited to care! I was out shopping earlier and noticed that both Boots and Superdrug have produced a gift guide booklet- which I got rather excited about (I really love reading through catalogues, my sister is the same...)

First, I'll start with the two things that I actually bought (well I actually bought more than two things, but the other items are for a swap with Justine of polishedmess and I don't want her to see! You should check out her blog- she's doing the 31 day challenge (I think she's mad!) and her nails are always awesome :) )




Obviously, I really needed a new polish... But I found this little beauty in poundland, and I couldn't refuse. The colour is quite similar to No 7 Betty Blues, though I'm hoping the formula is much better :)




I also got some make up sponges- next weeks 52 Week Challenge theme is Gradient, so I'd like to attempt sponging, and for that I need sponges! These were another poundland bargain- I got 26 sponges for £1 so I'll probably never ever run out. My month is not complete without perusing Glamour magazine- I love it (I should really get a subscription!)





I got home and found this lovely package waiting for me:- a free sample of Garnier BB Cream (get yours here, unfortunately only the Light shade is available) I'm looking forward to actually trying this out on my skin- I swatched it on my hand and it looked rather orange, but I've read several reviews that say the colour blends with your skin tone so I'm hoping it might work for me. There are three 1.5ml packets of BB Cream, so I'll be trying it out and I'll let you know how I get on!


And now for the gift ideas books:

The Boots one was stacked in crates at the front of my store (much like Argos catalogues) and they're pretty hefty- something like 300 pages of gift ideas! As usual all the gifts are on a 3 for 2 deal- I love Boots for this :) Here are a few of my favourite picks:


 













The Superdrug gift guide is a little smaller, but there are plenty of lovely things. Again there is a 3 for 2 deal on all the gifts- yay for cheaper present buying!



















And finally- I like The Only Way Is Essex (it's hilarious!) but branded make up? Really?...




Have you seen any of the Christmas gift things yet? What are your favourites?


                                                                                xGretalRabbitx

6 comments:

  1. I got my samples of BB cream the other day too, very impressed with it. The £1 off voucher will definitely be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it because you look pale too- it gives me hope that it wont look orange on me! I can't wait to try mine. I think I saw it for £7 at asda- you might be able to get it for £6 with the voucher! :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my skin's pretty pale with a yellowish tinge and it blended very well, my friend who's a bit more pinkish tinged says she had no problems with it either.

    Thanks for the asda tip, the voucher doesn't have any limitations on it as to where it can be used so I think I'll take a wander down there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very promising, thanks! :) I hope asda takes the voucher. I'll be trying it out this weekend- guess where I'll be headed if I like it!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered the sample too, having used a BB cream before I hope it lives up to expectations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh it'll be interesting to see how they compare then :) I have fairly low expectations having never used one before!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)