Tuesday 28 June 2011

Currently loving (and loathing) ...

First of all, I am LOVING the weather at the moment- I'm not comfortable wearing just a vest top for the first time in months! I'm definitely a hot weather person- I'd probably be happy living in the Sahara, I hate winter and I am always cold so I'm really glad summer is (sort of) here, though I am painfully aware it'll probably disappear again very soon, I'm enjoying it while it lasts.



Can you spot my camera?
 Make up-wise I've been keeping it simple, since I got my cream eyeliner I haven't touched my pencil liners. My new go-to combination is Coffee Cream Eyeliner, 17 Lash Defining Mascara (review here) in black/brown, with the e.l.f. Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy- a wonderful pastel pink colour. I think the under eye concealer and my eyelash curlers should really go without saying- they are a constant staple, and  I use them even if I have no other make up on. And if I'm feeling more adventurous I like the silvery grey shade in the Silver Lining Brightening Eye Colour quad (It's the shadow with the huge chunk taken out- you can tell I love it!) which is great for all over my lid.

Carmex has been a bit of a life-saver this week, I've had very dry, chapped lips (so bad, I've resorted to making my own lip scrub- I'll post a 'recipe' soon) and it is brilliant- it really moisturises my lips, and lasts a long time :)




I got this from the library a couple of weeks ago, and sort of forgot about it- now I've started reading it I can't put it down. Sophie Kinsella (who also writes under the pen name Madeline Wickham) is a great author- her books (I think I've read most of them now) are funny and very easy to read, it's certainly not classic literature, but they're perfect for some escapism- great holiday reads- and I really like the strong female characters she writes.

 e.l.f. - they've surprised me again with another amazing deal (50% orders over £25 until tomorrow at noon, the facebook page has more details) and sucked me into ordering (it would be rude not too really...) Despite having some stock issues I got lots of things I wanted (I'm sure you;ll see a haul sometime soon!) but I'm quite disappointed in a lot of facebook fans; how could you complain when you're getting 50% off, and still getting the fantastic customer service and speedy shipped e.l.f. has- there was someone on facebook answering questions and dealing with questions until well after 10pm last night = e.l.f I love you :)

My banana 'ice cream', there's a large tub of it in the freezer, and I'm contemplating eating some right now (even though it's not far off lunch time)

And finally, my hamster, Nibbles (so named because she had chewed her way through her travel box on the way home from the pet shop- a 10 minute car journey- and will nibble on absolutely anything- I have several tiny holes in my clothes thanks to her...) She is alway amusing, and shes super-soft and fluffy at the moment. I know this picture is blurry but she wont stay still- isn't she cute?


Nibbles :)


Currently loathing...

Waiting for packages- I'm very impatient!!! I'm looking forward to a Body Shop and an e.l.f. package, and even though I know they're not due yet, I'm like a child waiting for Christmas! I excitedly answered the door today (expecting a delivery) only to find a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses brandishing leaflets :(

The complete lack of interesting TV programmes, everything I watch has finished- no Doctor Who, Glee, CSI, House, Greys Anatomy... the list goes on... I'm working my way through Castle episodes online instead, it's brilliant- I recommend it if you like CSI/ Law and Order type programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment- it really does make my day! :)